Uny Lelant, Cornwall, England
In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Uny Lelant like this:
UNY-LELANT, a village, a parish, and a sub-district, in Penzance district, Cornwall. The village stands at the head of St. Ives bay, 1½ mile WSW of Hayle r.station; and has a post-office, designated Lelant, Cornwall, and a fair on 15 Aug. The parish comprises 3,757 acres of land, and 170 of water. Real property, £13,402; of which £10,194 are in mines, and £30 in quarries. Pop., 2,319. Houses, 468. Trevethow is a seat of the Praeds; and Treadreath, of the Hoskinses. ...
Drift sand covers much of the surface towards the sea; and is alleged to have overwhelmed the castle of Theodorick, a king of Cornwall. Trecroben Hill has an altitude of 550 feet, and affords good specimens of schorl rock and schorlaceous granite. The living is a vicarage, united with Towednack, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £441. Patron, the Bishop of E.—The sub-district contains three parishes. Acres, 12,603. Pop., 8,357. Houses, 1,634.